‘NIGJEC-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF GOVERNMENT JOB EXAM COACHING ‘, NIGJEC has expertise of CAT of many years. NIGJEC is best coaching institute in Thane and Kalyan for CAT. Only Institute in Mumbai that gives best and relevant coaching of MBA-CAT. With in 2 to 3 lectures you will come to know the quality of our coaching and boost up of your confidence to crack CAT.
CAT 2019 Exam
CAT 2019 is around the corner, it is crucial that students get hold of all the details of the examination at earliest. In this article, we are going to talk about the most important details related to CAT 2019 like application form, eligibility criteria, and examination date. When it comes to CAT preparations, you must know that there is no any shortcut. For performing excellently, you have to be determined and need to focus on your strong subjects with a proper study schedule. we have given some effective study tips for CAT preparing further in the article that will surely help you in preparation. So what are you waiting for? let’s start.
Eligibility criteria for CAT
- Qualification: students must acquire a bachelor degree with minimum 50% marks from a recognised university.
- Appearing in final year-students who are in the final year or have completed the degree or waiting for results are eligible for CAT 2019.
- Reserved seats: Reserved seats for SC Candidates: 15%
- Reserved seats for ST candidates: 7.5%
- Reserved seats for OBC: 27%
- Reserved seats for the person with disabilities: 3%
CAT 2019 Exam Pattern
CAT exam paper comprises of 100 questions which based on data interpretation, verbal ability, logical reasoning and quantitative ability. Read below to know more:
- Exam Mode: Online
- Duration: 180 minutes
- Type of questions: MCQ and subjective type
- Marking: 3 marks for each right answer and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong response. Marking scheme is applied to MCQ type questions.
- Subject weight: Quantitative ability: 34 questions-102 marks
- Verbal ability & reading comprehension: 34 questions-102 marks
- Data interpretation & logical reasoning: 32 questions-96 marks
- Total 300 marks
CAT 2019 Syllabus
- A mock test may be conducted to explain students exam pattern and syllabus
- The exam paper is based on above-mentioned subjects.
- CAT syllabus varies every year so there is no fixed pattern
- The syllabus consists of four sections of Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Ability or Mathematics.
Books for CAT 2019 Preparations
- Arun Sharma- The complete Digest by Tata McGraw-hill
- How to prepare for Quantitative ability for CAT published by Tata Mcgraw Hill
- How to prepare for the verbal ability and reading comprehension for the CAT
- How to prepare for Data interpretation and logical reasoning
- Nishit Sinha: The personal guide to verbal ability and logical reasoning
- Norman Lewis: word power made easy
- Trishna’s- verbal ability and logical reasoning for the CAT and other MBA exams
Five Effective tips for CAT 2019 preparations
- Candidates are advised to select those topics which they are confident about, rather wasting time on weak topics
- Aspirants must practice test papers for understanding the exam pattern
- Access your abilities and strong subjects in every 10-15 days
- Minimum 10 hours study every day required, especially before the 6 months of CAT exams
- Management schools seek to test understanding of basic concepts that the students possess so prepare accordingly.
- To avoid the last minute hassle, be ready with admit card, pen and other items.
You can easily score well in CAT with a proper study schedule. you are advised to take mock tests regularly While practising these tips,. These would ensure that you have a detailed plan for attempting the exam and you get an idea of weak areas you need to work up.
CAT 2019 Online registration
- Candidates have to apply online for CAT as there is no offline mode for the registration.
- The application form will be released in the second week of August
How to apply?
Candidates have to visit the official website of CAT.
- Enter the basic details and register
- Candidates will receive login details via email ID
- Fill all the necessary details like name, address, qualification etc
- Now, candidates have to upload the scanned passport size photographs, signature and other documents on the website.
- Registration fees will be submitted through online payment methods only
- Get a print out of your application to show it at the time of examination centre.
Application fee for CAT 2019
- The application fee amounts to 1700/-for General / NC-OBC candidates.
- SC/ST /PWD candidates are required to remit Rs.850/- as an application fee.
- Mode of payment can be done through debit/credit card & net banking.
- Advertisement released Last week of July 2019
- Online registration starts 2nd week of August 2019
- Last date for registration Last week of September 2019
- Issue of the Admit card 4th week of October 2019
- CAT 2019 Exam date 1st week of December 2019
- Result Declaration 2nd week of January 2019
CAT 2019 Admit Card
Candidates can obtain admit card once the official date announced. Make sure you are carrying admit card to the examination centre.
- Only those candidates who have successfully registered online will receive the admit card
- The admit card will only be available on the website.
- Candidates can download the admit card 2019 using their login details.
- The admit card will contain important sections like the name of the candidate, Roll no., exam date & timings, login details, registration number, PWD status etc.
- Make sure you bring admit card to the exam centre
CAT 2019 Result
Dates may vary every year, make sure you are checking official website for the results. You can easily check the status entering ID and roll number for seeing the results and other details.CAT scorecard may be available via online mode on the website.
Official Website of CAT 2019: iimcat.ac.in
Top MBA colleges Accepting CAT: Cut off 90 and Above percentile
Top MBA colleges accepting CAT score of 90 percentile and above include almost all the top MBA colleges in India including IIM Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Calcutta, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong, Kashipur, Trichy, Udaipur, FMS Delhi, SPJIMR, MDI, IMI, IMT, IITs and many other prominent MBA colleges. A few top MBA colleges accepting CAT in India rankwise with 90 and above percentile are detailed below. In a very surprising move, IIM Ahmedabad, ranked #1 among MBA colleges, shortlisted last year 182 candidates with below 90 percentile for final admission round of PGP 2018-20 batch to improve diversity in its class rooms. One of such shortlisted candidates in General category had scored 81.53 percentile in CAT but was shortlisted by IIM Ahmedabad. Such cases may be found in other IIMs also.
|Institute||Fee (Rs. in lakhs)||Avg. salary ( in lakhs)||CAT cut off percentile|
|IIM AHMEDABAD MBAU Rank: 1||21.14||22.58||99|
|IIM BANGALORE MBAU Rank: Nil||19.5||21.42||99.5|
|IIM CALCUTTA MBAU Rank: 2||19||20||99.5|
|IIM LUCKNOW MBAU Rank: 4||14||18.45||99|
|S. P. JAIN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT & RESEARCH (SPJIMR) MUMBAI MBAU Rank: 5||16||20.9||90|
|MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE (MDI) GURGAON MBAU Rank: 6||19.8||19.25||94|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) KOZHIKODE MBAU Rank: 7||16||17.14||95.44|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) INDORE MBAU Rank: 8||14||16.23||90|
|INTERNATIONAL MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (IMI) NEW DELHI MBAU Rank: 9||15.41||12.54||90|
|FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (FMS) NEW DELHI MBAU Rank: 11||0.25||20.6||98|
|INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY (IMT) GHAZIABAD MBAU Rank: 12||16.5||11.6||90|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING (NITIE) MUMBAI MBAU Rank: 14||8.1||17.09||90+|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) TRICHY MBAU Rank: 16||12.35||13.3||90|
|RAJIV GANDHI INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) SHILLONG MBAU Rank: 8||14||14.18||92|
|XAVIER INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (XIM) BHUBANESWAR MBAU Rank: 20||16.7||13.18||91|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (IIM) KASHIPUR MBAU Rank: 21||12.5||13.17||96|
|DEPARTMENT OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (IIT DELHI) NEW DELHI MBAU Rank: 23||8||16.21||95|
Following are the top MBA colleges accepting CAT in India with the cut off in the range of 70 percentile to 89.99 percentile. The score cut off percentile may go slightly up or down depending upon the number of applicants, CAT performance, academic excellence and work experience of the applicants:Top MBA colleges Accepting CAT: Cut off 70 and above percentile
|Institute Name||MBAU Ranking 2017-18||Fee (Rs. in lakhs)||Average salary (Rs. in lakhs)||CAT cut off percentile|
|T A PAI MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE (TAPMI) MANIPAL||17||13||10.06||80|
|GOA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (GIM) GOA||22||9.7||16.1||85|
|K J SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH (KJSIMSR) MUMBAI||24||11.93||9.19||87|
|K J SOMAIYA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES AND RESEARCH (KJSIMSR) MUMBAI||24||11.93||9.19||87|
|LOYOLA INSTITUTE OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (LIBA) CHENNAI||28||11.9||9||80|
|INSTITUTE OF RURAL MANAGEMENT ANAND (IRMA)||30||11.5||10.2||80|
|INSTITUTE FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND RESEARCH (IFMR) CHENNAI||31||12||8.5||80|
|INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT TECHNOLOGY (IMT) NAGPUR||32||12||7.5||70|
|BHARATHIDASAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (BIM) TRICHY||33||10.6||10||70|
|LAL BAHADUR SHASTRI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (LBSIM) NEW DELHI||34||13.85||8.5||75|
|IFIM BUSINESS SCHOOL (IFIM B SCHOOL) BANGALORE||35||9.5||7.2||70|
|JAIPURIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (JAIPURIA) LUCKNOW||36||9.25||5.78||70|
|INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BUSINESS & MEDIA (ISB&M) PUNE||38||9.1||7.4||70|
|XAVIER INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT ENTREPRENEURSHIP (XIME) BANGALORE||42||10||6.35||70|
|JAGAN INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (JIMS) ROHINI DELHI||49||6.75||6.25||75|
|FORE SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (FSM) NEW DELHI||--||12.5||9.4||70|
|BALAJI INSTITUTE OF MODERN MANAGEMENT (BIMM) PUNE||--||6.6||5.99||75|
|NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF AGRICULTURAL EXTENSION MANAGEMENT (MANAGE) HYDERABAD||--||4.05||70|
|INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREST MANAGEMENT (IIFM) BHOPAL||--||4.8||78|
|MIT SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (MITSOB) PUNE||--||6.5||4.9||70|
|IES MANAGEMENT COLLEGE AND RESEARCH CENTRE MUMBAI||--||6||6||70|
Top MBA colleges Accepting CAT: Cut off below 70 percentile
Best MBA colleges accepting CAT cut off below 70 percentile include some of the highly ranked top MBA colleges accepting CAT score in India. Many of these MBA colleges are university MBA colleges while others are top rated PGDM colleges.
|Institute||Fee (Rs. in lakhs)||Avg. salary (Rs. in lakhs)||CAT cut-off Per -centile|
|INSTITUTE OF PUBLIC ENTERPRISE (IPE) HYDERABAD MBAU Rank: 39||8||5.28||50|
|KIIT SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT (KSOM) BHUBANESWAR MBAU Rank: 40||12.01||5.11||50|
|SDM INSTITUTE FOR MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT (SDMIMD) MYSURU MBAU Rank: 41||9.66||6.5||60|
|INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT STUDIES (IMS) GHAZIABAD MBAU Rank: 43||7.5||5.23||50|
|JAIPURIA INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (JAIPURIA) NOIDA MBAU Rank: 46||8.7||5.68||60|
|VIGNANA JYOTHI INSTITUTE OF MANAGEMENT (VJIM) HYDERABAD MBAU Rank: 48||6.5||4.62||60|
|AIMS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (AIMS) BANGALORE MBAU Rank: 51||8.5||6.77||65|
|INDUS BUSINESS ACADEMY (IBA) BANGALORE MBAU Rank: 52||6.71||5.75||65|
|SCMS COCHIN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (SCMS) COCHIN MBAU Rank: 56||7.5||5||50|
|INSTITUTE FOR TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT (ITM) NAVI MUMBAI MBAU Rank: Nil||8.95||6.8||60|
|VIT BUSINESS SCHOOL (VIT) VELLORE MBAU Rank: Nil||5.98||4.3||60|
Source: Above data is sourced from respective colleges.