‘NIGJEC-NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF GOVERNMENT JOB EXAM
COACHING’, NIGJEC has expertise of SBI PO and CLERICAL of many years. NIGJEC is best coaching institute in Thane and Kalyan .Only Institute in Mumbai that gives best and relevant coaching for SBI of all rounds (Pre, Mains, Descriptive and interview ).
State Bank of India has recently released a recruitment drive for Probationary Officers 2018. There are 2000 vacancies to be filled. The Application process has started & you will be able to fill your applications till 13th May 2018. Read this article on sbi po Eligibility Criteria to find out if you are eligible for applying for position.
SBI PO Age Limit (As on 31.08.2018)
Minimum Age – 21 years
Maximum Age – 30 years
Note* – You should have been born not before 02.04.1988 and not after 01.04.1997 (both days inclusive).
SBI PO Age Relaxation
- SC/ST – 5 years
- OBC (Non Creamy Layer) – 3 years
- PwD (SC/ST) – 15 years
- PwD (OBC) – 13 years
- PwD (Gen) – 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers with 5 years’ service completed and released – 5 years
- Jammu & Kashmir domiciled during 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 – 5 years
SBI PO Educational Qualifications (As on 01.04.2018)
- You should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government OR
- Students in Final Year/Semester of their Graduation provided they produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates with Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate, provided date of passing the IDD is on or before 31.08.2018 OR
- Candidates possessing the qualification of Chartered Accountant.
SBI PO Percentage
- Calculation of Percentage:
- The percentage marks will be calculated by dividing the total marks obtained by the candidate in all the subjects in all semester(s)/year(s) by aggregate maximum marks in all the subjects irrespective of honours/optional/additional optional subject, if any.
- This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class/Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only. The fraction of percentage so arrived will be ignored i.e. 59.99% will be treated as less than 60% and 54.99% will be treated as less than 55%.
- A Candidate should indicate the percentage obtained in Graduation calculated to the nearest two decimals in their online application. In case where CGPA/OGPA is awarded, the same should be converted into percentage and indicated in the online application.
- If called for Interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority inter alia stating the norms of the University regarding conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern, Strategy and Order of Attempt
The SBI PO 2018 exam will be held in three phases – Preliminary, Main & Interview. Those who qualify the preliminary examination and get shortlisted will be eligible for mains examination. Shortlisted candidates of phase II i.e mains examination will subsequently called for a Group Discussion & Interview. Since sbi po is increasing the difficulty level of exam every year so it is important that you should make your exam preparation strategy. This article gives you an idea of SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern for 2018, How to prepare, what strategy to employ in the paper along with the order in which you should attempt the paper.
SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern 2018
The SBI PO 2018 Prelims Exam is the first screening process that the candidates have to go through to become Probationary Officers in SBI. The Preliminary Examination will be an online test consisting of objective multiple-choice questions worth 100 marks. This test would be of 1-hour duration and will consist of 3 sections namely, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability.
Let us take a look at the SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern in detail.
Details about SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern
|Section||No. of Qs||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
- There is negative marking of 0.25 marks per wrong answer. Unattempted questions will not be penalized.
- There will be an overall cut off. The cut offs for SBI PO 2018 Recruitment will be decided by the Bank.
Strategy for SBI PO Prelims Exam 2018
Remember that the approximate number of candidates that clear the preliminary exam will be 20 times the number of vacancies. So competition will be tough. With just 2313 vacancies, only about 50,000 aspirants will sit for the Mains exam. If this seems like a small number, remember that around 20 Lakh candidates appeared for SBI PO Prelims exam in 2016 and over 15 Lakh appeared in 2017!! This means that only about 2 candidates out of 100 will be called for Mains! 98 of you will face rejection!
So now, let us look at a good strategy for SBI PO Prelims exam to make you one of the 2 candidates selected!
- The SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern is designed to be a test of time. You are given 100 questions to solve in 1 hour. Very few will be able to attempt all 100 with decent accuracy.
- You need to make sure that you maintain about 90% accuracy throughout the paper.
- You will need to devote your time to the three sections in an intelligent manner. You must clear sectional cut offs for each, while maximizing your overall score.
Now let us look at how you can clear sectional cut offs and maximize overall score.
Order of Attempt for SBI PO Prelims Exam
Given below is the order in which you should attempt SBI Prelims 2018 examination. Follow these strategies while attempting Mock Test.
- As much as you practice & attempt mock test, you would automatically start analysing how to attempt the paper. The first thing that should strike in your mind while attempting SBI Prelims Exam is, should I attempt this question or not, it is really worth solving, how much time it will take.
- Practically it is not possible to attempt all 100 questions. So, it is important that you should have that much of understanding that only looking into the questions for few seconds you can take decision that you have to solve it or move ahead.
- While giving SBI PO Exam your target should be to clear the Prelims phase of exam so you become eligible for mains.
|Sections in Order of Attempt||Tips|
|English & Moderate)||First attempt all the quick solves
where high accuracy are possible.
E.g. Error Spotting, Cloze Test, Fillers,
Antonyms & Synonyms from RC.
Make sure to get through as much of this
section as possible within the stipulated
time of 20 minutes to English Section.
|Get through all of the high scoring topics first.
E.g. Number Series, Simplification /Approximation,
Quadratic Equations, DI (simpler One)
Leave the tougher word problems for later.
|Start with the easy & moderate Reasoning
questions that you can solve quickly.
E.g. Inequalities, Syllogism, Coding decoding,
Blood Relation, Direction & Distance, Order & Ranking.
Do not get stuck on any problem! Move on!
|Quant/ Reasoning (Tough)||Solve the miscellaneous Questions|
These strategies are, of course, tentative. So, the only way you can personalize your strategy is to find the best fit for you is to attempt plenty of mock test and analyze each test. Also, make sure to move on from question to question. Whatever happens, do not get stuck on any question. This is the most important tip for SBI PO Prelims you can get.